THERE ARE already people out there searching for what you are offering. MY job is to make it as simple as possible for them to find it, and when they do, for them to say, "you are what i've been looking for all along."
I'm Dominique Remy a.k.a. "Dom" and I work as the product owner of teachforamerica.org and other Marketing web products. Hailing from Tacoma, WA, I attended Gonzaga University with a dual major in Marketing and Entrepreneurial Leadership.
While at Gonzaga, I was responsible for booking music events as the Concerts Director on the Gonzaga Student Body Association. I was the Vice President of the Black Student Union and I started a few of my first few startups getting involved in Graphic Design, DJing, and Web Development.
After graduating in 2009, I joined Teach For America originally as a Las Vegas Valley corps member where I taught 3rd grade all-boys my first year. I was a finalist for Clark County School District New Teacher of the Year and I proceeded to teach 5th grade for the next two years. Simultaneously, I graduated with my Masters of Education in Curriculum & Instruction in 2011.
Throughout this time, I couldn't put off my passion for web products, web development, and graphic design. In 2011, I was a finalist for the Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology Business Plan Competition finishing 6th out of 76 teams for our concept TheVegasList. Additionally, I started teaching night classes as an Adjunct Professor at the International Academy of Design & Technology and the Art Institute of Las Vegas in Graphic Design and Web Development.
In 2012, I joined Teach For America staff as a Manager of Leadership Development and coached 53 Las Vegas Valley corps members. While building the Las Vegas Valley's regional website, I noticed an open role on the Marketing Product Development team as a Front End Developer and applied. The rest they say is history.
AWARDS & Honors
- Digital Experience Steering Committee Leader | Teach For America (2014 – Present)
- Extended Marketing Leadership Member | Teach For America (2014 – Present)
- Technology Steering Committee Member | Teach For America (2013 – Present)
- VegasTechFund Business Plan Competition Finalist; Top 10 of 137: Chexplore.com (2012)
- Nominated New Teacher of the Year in the Clark County School District (2009-2010)
- Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology Business Plan Competition Finalist; Top 6 of 76: TheVegasList.com TheVegasList.com TheVegasList.com (2011)
- UNLV African-American Graduate Student of Excellence (2009-2011)